Monday, January 30, 2012

Sweatshirt Throw

Yesterday I spent the day running a few errands then putting the sweatshirt throw together.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  Technically, it's not a quilt because it doesn't have 3 layers but I think it qualifies as re-purposing clothing!  The sweatshirts were in the bag that my youngest sent me filled with the tee-shirts she wants made into a quilt for her college graduation.


All laid out
I made it so the seams were exposed on the print side of the sweatshirt so the back, with the warm, fuzzy surface, would be smooth.

You can't see it very well but I "ragged" the seam allowances. 

Fuzzy smooth side.

I have my workout this morning, run to another quilt shop to try to get more I Spy fabrics then home to either play with the Acuquilt or start fusing the interfacing to the tee-shirts for that quilt.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: