Monday, January 23, 2012

I've been a busy girl!  Usually when I'm working on a quilt I let my sewing room go to heck in a hand basket.  When I finally finish up I tidy up.  I'm not a neat person so I do what I can.  

This is my idea of tidy.

On Saturday my husband and I were at Costco and I found these canvas boxes I thought I could use to store things in my daughters' bedrooms.  There are 3 containers in each box-a small, medium and large.  When I was cleaning up my sewing room I realized they would be better used to "hide" my mess!  
Small
Medium
Large

Metal supports in the inside

Both sets were put to use so I'll have to go back to Costco and get more for their original purpose.

I also hung a top over my bins to hide the overflow of fabric!  Every time I see my abundance of scraps the more I want to make more scrappy tops.  Have to finish more UFO's before I start new ones!  It also will let this one "cook" in my mind so I know how I want to border and eventually quilt it when it comes up on the quilting list.


Cooking Quilt

One of the other things I need to keep going is hand quilting.  I have my hand pieced feathered star to hand quilt and I need to mark it this week.  I had heard of these Pilot Frixion erasable pens.  I'm going to test them out and I'll report back tomorrow.

Frixion Pens
Test Marking
 Sorry this isn't a great picture but the flash didn't let the marking so up well.  I have read that the lines disappear when ironed but reappear when the quilt is exposed to 14 degrees.  This shouldn't be a problem most of the time but if, for some chance, you ship it and it's exposed to the cold the lines would reappear,  I have also heard if you wash it in addition to the heat exposure it should wash out.  Today is laundry day so this piece will be in the next load.

Results tomorrow.


No comments: