Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back to Practicing My Quilting

One of my goals for this year is to expand and improve my machine quilting.  I came across Leah Day's Free Motion Quilt Project which started as 365 different fill designs-one a day for a year.  A few years ago (I believe it was) she posted a video each day showing how to do a different fill design.  She believes, as I am finding out, you need to practice your quilting skills daily (or almost daily-life does get in the way sometimes!) to get better.  But then again, that's true with just about any skill.  (Okay, I'm getting off on a tangent-redirect!)  Back to my goal.  Try to do 1-5 of these designs a day to catch up.  Leah's also started a new quilting project this year but I've not even checked it out yet because I really wanted to finish Selvage Diamonds.  Here's what I have so far:


Not a great picture-forgot to turn the flash back on.

Close-up of the first 5



Next 4

Don't really like the upper right one

Like most of these

Kind of fun trying each of these

More fun

These take a little longer than some but I like them.

What I did last night.
I wanted to do more but it was getting late and needed to get on dinner.  I'm planning on doing more today as well as starting a sweatshirt quilt.  The sweatshirts came in the bag with the tee shirts my daughter wants made into a quilt for her college graduation gift.  I've wanted to play with making a rag-style quilt using sweatshirt so this is the perfect opportunity.

Happy Stitching!


No comments: