Sunday, January 22, 2012

Good Morning!

I've been busy getting my quilting on the Selvage Diamonds completed.
Working on the borders.



I thought just the colored quilting around the borders would be good but it made the borders all wonky so I quilted the other side of the spine with black feathers.  I love the result.


The whole quilt

I like how the curves frame the quilt.

Probably more quilting than needed on this quilt but it's a good quilt to play with new quilt designs.

I really like working with my scraps.  When I finish more of my UFO's I want to do more scrappy quilts.  I think working with the GO will enhance the process.  OH!  I SHOULD NOT EVEN START THINKING THIS WAY!  My mind starts going and I can hardly wait (and most times don't wait) to start a new quilt!  That's how I ended up with so many UFO's!

I also hung up my next UFO to keep me going.  There was something about it that bothered me.  I love it because I hand pieced most of it while on the bus touring India on a trip lead by Jinny Beyer.  I had hand quilted the diamonds but was not satisfied.


I took out all the hand quilting and hung it up to let it "cook"

It hit me, the central star was muddled.  So I put yellow tips on the star and plan to embroider a black outline around the star to help bring it out.
Yellow tips pinned in place.  I need to get some black #8 perle cotton to embroider around the inner star.

From there, I think I'll machine quilt it enhancing the star.  

Today my goal is to make the sleeves for the quilts I am putting in my guild's show- Selvage Diamonds (above)
Tumbling Out of My Head
I already have a sleeve on it but it's not big enough for the show.

Spike-a-liciaous
Again, has a sleeve but not big enough.
 I also have buttons to add to a long quilted duster I made a while ago but have not finished.  Today's the day!




No comments: