Saturday, January 28, 2012

Best Laid Plans...


Busy day yesterday.  Workout at the gym, meeting with the decorator at my house then going over to my dad's to get his sunroom and bedroom rearranged and updated.  I finally got down to my sewing room at almost 4pm to start the Free Motion Quilt Along that Leah Day is doing once a week this year.  I'm only 4 weeks behind and was planning on doing one 4 days in a row to catch up and doing the Free Motion Quilt Project on the other days.

Sorry-I flipped it in the iPhoto but it didn't flip when I transferred it here.

 I WILL get better with my machine quilting!  Anyway, I was working on the Quilt Along and my machine started squeaking!  Not a good sound.  So I packed it up and it's going to the machine doctor today.  Unfortunately he doesn't pick up from the dealer until next Tuesday so I won't get it back until next Friday.  I really like quilting on this machine-a Viking Sapphire-which has a larger opening to be able to move the quilt around as I free motion quilt.  Fortunately I have other machines so I can  piece while the other's at the doctor's.  So I started working on my daughter's sweatshirt throw.
Here the throw is "thrown" on the floor!

I'm still working out how I'm going to put it together I'll make it "rag style" with the cozy nubby part exposed on the back and will be the smooth side with the raw seams on the front with all the writing.

I also found out my trainer is pregnant so I'm going to make her a quilt.  She's not going to find out what it is before so I'll do a generic one with primary colors.  I dreamt about it last night and checked out the dies I have for the Acuquilt and I think I have everything I need.  Bonnie Hunter has a cute I Spy Quilt in the Ohio Star pattern with black and white check sashing.  I love it and, since I won't be having grand children any time soon, it will give me an excuse to make it for her.  I've been working out with this trainer for a year and a half and really like her and how she's whipped my body back in shape!

Waiting for a delivery that needs a signature then off to run errands then hit the sewing room!

Happy Stitching!








No comments: