Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vacation Time!

 It's been a busy few weeks with LOTS of travel.  I'll try not to bore you TOO much.  On the quilting front, I gave my nephews their quilts!

They loved them!  Their mom said they slept with them all of vacation!  They leave for school in a few weeks and hopefully the quilts will go with them.
We took my 90 year old father with us to Cape Cod for Joe's family reunion.  Joe and I drove and met my dad's flight in Boston.  He had a great time!  He made index cards with everyone's names (Joe has 7 siblings) with their spouses and children's names!  He later went around and got everyone's address and phone numbers.
 Every year we do a big family picture and our little group went to "The Squire", a local bar, for a pre-picture beer!


 And here's the whole group!

After a week of fun we drove home (Dad flew) for less than a week.  Joe had a conference in Seattle and I tagged along to explore!  What a great town!  We didn't have a car but it was alright because I walked all over!
Today's my last day in Seattle.  We are scheduled to take the red-eye back to Michigan but are going to try to get on an earlier flight.  My plan was to go to the Space Needle early and be back at the hotel room by noon. 
One look out the window changed my plans.  I'm relaxing in the room doing some handwork.  Hopefully we can get on that earlier flight so I can sleep in my own bed tonight!

Happy Stitching!


No comments: