Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What Was I Thinking?

I'm finally back trying to finish up some of my MANY UFO's.  I have this Ohio Star that I made as a part of a series of classes I called "Skill Builders"  We started by making Chinese Coins (for straight cutting and seams, them moved on to a Log Cabin (to reinforce the accurate 1/4" seam, the third class we did a Double 9 Patch on point to line up intersections and work with fabric on the bias.  The Ohio Star was the 5th class working with triangles.  We went on to do Drunkard's Path for curved piecing and finished with Diamond Stars.  I'm trying to get them all quilted.  I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to teach the class again (I'd like to) but I want to get them quilted.  I had every intention of doing very simple quilting but I got carried away.  I guess I'm incorporating my second goal of the year-to improve my machine quilting.  


I've started including some of the designs I learned with the Free Motion Quilt Project.  I really should get back into that routine soon.  


It's not the greatest picture of the original sample I did.


I'm doing my current favorite meandering feather design in each of the corners.
You can see the leafy vine I'm using in the sashing.

It's been incredibly hot here the past few weeks so I had to put away my lap quilting.  So, at night to spend some time with my hubby, I've picked up and old BOM that I started YEARS ago. This is the last block of the 12.  It's been folded for a LONG TIME

Hopefully I can finish it this summer.

I have not spent as much time at the machine as I have been going to the pool and reading quite a bit.  It's something I really love to do in the summer.  I can hardly wait to go to Cape Cod in a few weeks to be with all my girls, romp with the nieces and nephews, visit with family and reading on the beach.

Today I finally had it with the closet by my back door!  I took everything out, wiped everything down and re-organized.  I put anything of the girls in their rooms so they can take them home with them on their next visits.  What I thought would take 1-2 hours took 4 hours!  So much for sewing today!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: