Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Almost Done!

I'm almost done with the twins' quilts!  I got Brendan's quilt pinned and quilted over the past 2 days!  I fortunately have a large island in my kitchen-it's so big we call it "The Continent!"
 Backing stretched and clamped
 Batting laid out.  Notice how it's lined up in front of the Olympic Trials!  I'm a total Olympic Geek!
 The top laid out.
 Let the pinning begin!
 This is the tool I use to close the pins!  It is worth whatever I paid for it to close the pins!  Before I got it my fingers would be so sore after pinning even a small quilt!
 Close up of the tip of the tool.  Please excuse the quality of the pictures.  It's difficult to take the picture while trying to demonstrate how it's used.
 I slide the tool under the tip of the pin so that it is one of the grooves.
 Push the pin tip up...
 And slide it home!
 Even though The Continent is big it's isn't big enough for the entire quilt.
 It's pinned and ready to be quilted!
Meanwhile, Guapo made himself comfortable on the couch!  He's so funny!  His butt's up in the air!  The funniest part is that we never allowed any of our dogs on the couch until we had Grand-dogs!

Today, I bind!  Then I'm done with these quilts!  WHOO HOO!!!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: