Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ta Done!

They're done!  I really got them done yesterday but wanted to get outside to enjoy the pool for an hour or so before getting ready for a Fourth of July party.


Quilted and bound!  I'm so glad to have these done!  I'll take them with me to Cape Cod in 2 weeks where I'll see the boys.  They have no idea that I've done this.  Their mom shipped the tee shirts to me in April.  I had to finish Bryn's quilt and the baby quilt before I could get these done.  I'll have to say, doing 3 tee shirt quilts out of the last 4 quilts was pretty tough!  I like to mix it up.  I'm looking forward to getting back to my UFO challenge.  I have some other quilts in my head I'd like to do but I'm going to finish a few more that I've started before I start anything new.

 Here's Guapo inspecting one of the quilts before it was bound!  I was pressing the binding and looked up to see him cuddling with the quilt!

We went to a party on the 4th and I wanted to try strawberries dipped in white chocolate then dipped in blue sugar sprinkles.  They turned out SO CUTE!  and they were a hit!  I also dipped pretzel rods but forgot to take pictures of them.  They weren't quite as popular but I liked the salty with the sweet.
 Bryn made this cake.  The recipe calls for using a white cake but she wanted to use angelfood.  I think it was really cute and GOOD!
 We've had some big storms coming through with all this heat and humidity.  Last night a big storm moved through and we thought there was a loud clap of thunder outside only to find this waiting for us in the morning!
Thank goodness it fell like it did!it missed the house and the deck!  I talked with the lawn guys and they said they could probably get to it on Monday!  I'm hoping my dear husband does not see this as an excuse to go out and get a chain saw!

Off to the movies this afternoon with Bryn.  I have yet to see The Most Exotic Marigold Hotel.  I've wanted to see it since it came out but the weather's been so good and everytime I plan to see it with someone something comes up!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: