Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Travel Boredom!

Today has turned out to be a really goofy kind of day.  We were booked on the red-eye home back to Michigan but Joe had called yesterday to see if he could get us moved up to an earlier flight.  The person on the phone said the plane was wide open and we could save some major bucks by making the change 3 hours before the earlier flight was to take off.  Great!  Joe had a conference call scheduled for 12:00 and the call needed to happen at 12:48 so I was going to take care of it.  As I stated before, I planned to go to the Seattle Space Needle this morning when it opened at 9 so I'd have plenty of time to look around and make it back to the hotel in time.  I should have known the best laid plans don't always come to fruition when the day began in a deep fog-the weather, not me!  I spent the morning replacing the points on my Indian Star quilt with the plan of doing the outline embroidery at the airport and/or on the plane.  Joe's conference call went well and he finished early so he made the call to the airline.  I'm glad he did because I don't think I would have handled things as calmly as he did.  Long story short, the plane was sold out!  REALLY!!!  When we checked yesterday there were all sorts of empty seats.  I'm thinking a flight from Asia arrived late and they had to put people who missed their connections on the 3:48 flight.  At least we have seats in an exit row so we will be able to stretch our legs.

But back to why I'm so bored.  My family likes to tease me that I spend more time planning the projects I am going to take on vacation than I do my wardrobe!  I knew this trip was going to be jam-packed so I just packed my Indian Star  Needle threaded and ready to start embroidery...an I have a creative surge!  I'm thinking I want to outline the star elements with sparkly gold embroidery thread instead of black.  Great.  4 hours to kill before our red-eye flight and I have no handwork!  I ALWAYS pack 2 projects and end up barely doing one so I thought I'd save some room on my carry-on and only packed the one! I do have a book but I'm in a creative mood-which has not happened a lot lately.

I think I'll do a few jigsaw puzzles on my computer then dive into the book.

Hope everyone's day has had more creative time than I have!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: