Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Finish One, Begin Another!P




 I finally got my Ohio Star done!!!  It's over quilted.  I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to try all sorts of fillers in every area!  I'M NUTS!  But it's done-quilted and bound!  Now, will I ever teach this class again so I can use it as an example?  I don't know.











So now I get to start a new one!  I've been dying to try a "Disappearing Nine Patch".  I have 3 charm packs-Moda's "Fresh Air" from when I was working at the quilt store.  I recently purchased 2 beige charm packs from Craftsy's deal of the day.  I started by sewing pairs together-print to beige.








Print-Beige-Print


I then sewed the third charm on, alternating print-beige-print, beige-print-beige then another print-beige-print for each block.


Beige-Print-Print

 I then sewed the strips into 9 Patches.
Pair of 2" squares used
2"pair used as an ender.
 I am starting to do the Bonnie Hunter "Leaders and Enders".  I have started cutting my scraps in strips, 2", 2.5" and 5" squares.  I am currently using 2" squares as my leaders and enders.  As I start chain piecing I put a 2" pair together before I start the chain.  When I come to the end of the chain I pair up another 2" squares and sew about 3/4 of the way through, cut off the chain and cut the pieces apart throwing the first 2" set into a basket.  I will then get my next chain together to stitch and the "ender" will become an "leader.  Before too long I will have a whole bunch of pairs to sew together for a scrappy quilt.  I'm not exactly sure of what I'm going to do but I am trying to use up my scraps.  I've been pinning ideas onto a Pintrest board.
2" squares ready to be used as "leaders/enders"
Back to the Disappearing 9 Patch.  I press the blocks-setting the stitches-



Then pressing flat.

 Completed 9 patch.

I then cut the 9 patch in half!


Then I cut it in half horizontally giving me 4 new blocks.

 I'm having trouble getting the pictures and text where I want them.  Computer gremlins!  Now it can't find the completed top!  I will post it later today or tomorrow.

Until then,
Happy Stitching!



No comments: