Thursday, March 1, 2012

March!

So yesterday was "Leap Day".  Everyone was talking about what we would do with their "extra" day.  Well, it was still Wednesday and I had workout, laundry and housework to do.  And try to squeeze in a little quilting!  On the agenda for the day was getting the supplies together for my Quilting Adventure!  I am so bad about taking pictures of everything but I do have a few visual treats for you!

First, at the quilt show this past weekend one of the venders had this little baby to keep machine side.  The "Scrap MaBob".  You clamp it on the table next to you and there is a container for your scraps and a place to put your beverage.  Cleaver!


Clamped to my island

What I'd really like to see in my Scrap MaBob!

Today I finally took the Valentine's decorations off the holiday tree and finally got the St. Patrick's decorations up!

St. Patrick's Tree

I finished quilting the interior of the Spinning Log Cabin quilt.


It was really fun to quilt!


I thought of doing feathers in the blue space but I thought it needed something funkier.  These funky feathers remind me more of fern fronds.


I love the swirlies in the yellow space!


Every evening I can spend time with my Honey and hand quilt the feathered star quilt.  I'm currently using John James Gold'n Glide size 10 quilting needles.  I have been on the search for a size 11 or 12 but have been unsuccessful locally.  I did pick up some Roxann's size 11 but the eye was too small for my size 30 thread.  So I'll stick with the 10's for now.

Off to get some hand stitching in!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: