Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mid March!

Gosh, I was really going to try to post more often but I guess I'll just post when I can.  Just as I was thinking I was getting things under control, they're not!  Had a tough time with my SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) the end of last week and I think that a lot of emotions from my mother's death and Joe's surgery.  I was kind of useless for a few days.  I did quilt a little but not a lot.  Colleen and Bryn both headed back to school on Saturday and I spent the next 2 days getting caught up on laundry.



Let the folding begin!

With temperatures in the 60's and now in the 70's (in mid March!) I thought it was time to put the winter decorations away.  I give myself a few days to gather things on the dining room table before I box them up and take them to the attic.  If I did it all at once I would find things and have to traipse back up to the attic.

Winter getting ready to get sent to the attic

Then I had to focus on packing my supplies.  First I packed up my supplies for my Paula Nadelstern class in Albany.  I was going to try to pack all the supplies in my big suitcase and my clothes in the smaller one (priorities) but the big suitcase weighed too much!  I'm so glad I have a luggage scale-great investment ($10).  So I put all the fabrics in the smaller suitcase....

 And will pack my clothes in the room left in my big suitcase.  That is the travel scale sitting in the upper left.  And yes, that is a flattened box on the bottom.


 I am going right from the Paula Nadelstern workshop outside of Albany, New York to Ursula Kern's workshop at Empty Spools Seminar in Pacific Grove, California!  DH will ship my supplies for Ursula's class to Back Porch Quilts in Pacific Grove so they will be waiting for my and I will ship what I no longer need after Paula's class back home.  I have been checking the weather and it's going to be in the 70's for the week in Albany so I'm thinking of packing some shorts and capris in my luggage and some of my long pants in the box to be shipped to Cali then ship my shorts home when I leave Albany!  

And the BEST part of the trip.....I'm meeting up with my Deer Friend, Ricki!  (yes, I meant to spell it with 2 e's)  She's coming in from Hawaii (wait...why is she leaving paradise to go to upstate New York in March?...Oh, yea, Paula Nadelstern AND me!  LOL) and I haven't seen her since Empty Spools last spring!  We just "get"each other and enjoy each other's company.  I'll let you know how we feel after 2 weeks.

I painted the front of my big suitcase so I can spot it right away as it comes down the carousel.  I'm checking both bags so maybe I'll paint something on the smaller bag as well so I can spot it right away.



I did get some piecing done today.  Most of the top is done.  I got the blocks squared up and sashing put on.  I started this about 3 years ago and it was one of those I was going to make as a sample of what you can do with a Cinnamon Bun precut s (1-1/2" strips).  Apparently, I was going for speed and getting it done quickly as opposed to accuracy.  Let's just say, if you ever see this quilt up close, don't look too close!  I still have to put on the borders. 



Tomorrow is workout, bank and finish packing.  DH is out to a fundraiser with a client tomorrow night so I think I'll take my dad out.  Saturday is nails and date night and off on my Quilting Crusade Sunday morning!

Time for bed!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: