Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back to the Free Motion Quilt Project

I was a bit distracted today.  Got a killer workout done with Bryn this morning, had coffee with my dad then we had pedicures.  Tonight Bryn and I met her boyfriend's mom for drinks.  I did get some quilting done between the pedis and drinks.

The 2 quilting goals I set for myself this year were to finish the year with fewer UFO's than I started with and to improve my machine quilting skills.  I set up monthly goals for myself and posted it on the UFO Facebook page I've joined.  This month's  goal was to finish the Spinning Log Cabin and since that's done I've started the Cinnamon Stars I showed yesterday.  I won't be quilting any time soon I thought it was time to get back to the Free Motion Quilt Project.  I completed the first 35 so today I knocked out 36-40.

I didn't follow this one exactly as instructed.  Leah did it in straight rows but I liked the variation is size.   


Peppermint swirl

All 5

Liked this one

Didn't like this one

Fun Flames

Completed Peppermints

Liked this one more than I thought I would

Hoping to get 5 more quilting samples done tomorrow as well as some more work on my Cinnamon Stars.  Nails and hair done tomorrow as well as a guild meeting tomorrow night.  Come to think of it, I hope I get SOMETHING done!

Happy Stitching!


No comments: