Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Where is March Going So Quickly?

I can't believe how quickly the days are flying by!  3 of the girls were home this weekend and we had a great time.  It always goes by too quickly.  Co and Boo are home for the week as they are on Spring Break.  It's fun having time with them but I don't get as much done as I should.  I have been trying to get organized for my upcoming trips to New York for the Paula Nadelstern workshop and for California and the Ursula Kern workshop.  I need to figure out all the shipping.

I did finish Spinning Log Cabin!  I didn't quilt the border very heavily but was ready to put it in the done pile.


I recently got a new iron which was recommended to me by a friend when it went on sale at Kohl's.  It's heavier than my old Rowenta but it steams like no other!  I really like it A LOT!



I started working on my Cinnamon Star quilt.  I'll figure out a better name but I used some Cinnamon Bun pre-cuts for the strings.  I'm going to try to get as much of the top done as I can before I leave on my trip.  Hopefully the top will be done before I leave but we all know about the best laid plans!

Anyway, the beauty of my new hefty steam iron is it really steams any imperfections away!  The stars are pieced on dryer sheets so it smells really good when I'm pressing them.
Stars in the raw


String Star
Pieced on dryer sheets!

Finished blocks

I was going through my box of supplied and I do have sashing strips.  I should go through them all tomorrow.  I also need to get back to the Free Motion Quilt Project tomorrow.  "To-morrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow....."

Happy Stitching!



No comments: