Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oh, So Many Excuses...






I finally got myself an iPhone.  I have been SO distracted trying to get up to speed with it!  I've talked with teen-agers, twenty-somethings, computer geeks all over the phone.  Today I finally went over to the Apple Store and a delightful young woman got me all straightened out!  NOW I'm really happy with it!  I had a Blackberry, which was fine and wonderful, but I also had an iTouch for my calendar, shopping lists, music, pictures and games.  (I'm totally addicted to Bejeweled Blitz).  Now I have it all on one gadget!  In a hot pink protective Breast Cancer Awareness case!

I have been busy quilting Bryn's Tee-shirt Quilt and finished the binding today!  Yea!  It's much bigger than expected but that's a good thing!  She's coming home next week but she will not get it until graduation!



Add all this and my quilt guild Great Lakes Heritage Quilt Guild, had our Quilt Show this weekend.  I put in 3 quilts, Spikealicious, Tumbling Out of My Head and Selveged Diamonds.
Spike
Blocks

Diamonds

My quilting sure has come a long way!  Still working on it.  I'm 2 weeks behind on the Quilt Along but am planning to catch up tomorrow.  I did have a brain storm on how I'm going to quilt the next quilt for my UFO challenge.  I need to quilt and bind the Spinning Log Cabin for my March goal.  I need to finish it soon as I will be off for 2 weeks to attend 2 different quilt workshops-one outside Albany, New York and then in Pacific Grove, California!  WOO HOO!  I can hardly wait.

I received an incredible compliment today.  One of the board members of our guild has asked me if I'd be interested in presenting my quilts as the Member Presentation next year!  I'm very flattered but I really don't think I have enough to show!  I'd really have to get a lot done in the next year to fill a program!  I will still hold this as a tremendous compliment.  The only compliment I hold higher is when Jinny Beyer said if she were still holding her seminar she would like me to be one of her seminar leaders!  Over a year after she said that I'm still on cloud 9!

I'm going to put my feet up and enjoy my Saturday night!

Happy Stitching!


No comments: