Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not Getting As Much Done As I'd Like

Okay, this is where the whole distracted thing comes in.  I started a Face Book page early last week for people who grew up in my community.  I thought it would be amusing with a few people interested and fizzle after a few days.  Well, last time I checked, about a half hour ago, there were 412 members!  It's been a fun trip down memory lane!  I can't believe how much I'd forgotten!  But now I remember!  The 70's were rather foggy!

Anyway,  I got back to sewing yesterday.  Now that I have my "good" sewing machine back I can get back to my quilting project.  It will take me to the end of the week to get caught up with the weekly lessons.  I did get the Bobbin Washers that Leah Day recommends.  I'm going to give it a few times before I give it my opinion.  This is #2 in the weekly exercises.

Starting in the middle.
You start in the middle and work the stipple in 2" rows and intertwine the rows working toward one end so that you don't have to keep turning your quilt.  I did forget to leave myself a way to get back to the other end once I finished going the first way!  That's why we practice.

Working toward one end.

The whole sample done.

I should get my day started.  Lots to do.  Groceries.  Help Dad.  Ironing.  Quilt Project.  Phone Interview.  Tee Shirt Quilt.  Get Gory Details for Brother-In-Law's Upcoming Wedding!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: