Sunday, February 19, 2012

Distracted...

So it takes me a week!  I hope I'm getting back on track...but who knows!

Guapo's position pretty well sums up the mood around here the first week after Joe's surgery.


I just didn't sleep well and was exhausted most of the time.  DH really did bounce back faster than I thought but there were doctors' appointments which always took longer than expected.  I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but hope to be back on track soon.

I did do the next Stitch Along.  I drew my own star and stippled in it.




 I stippled in the star and used a stencil to follow for the interior design.

Then it was on to Bryn's tee-shirt quilt.  I had this fabric in my stash so I decided to use it.  Unfortunately, I was a bout a yard short....


so I inserted this pink in.



Friday afternoon I cleared off the island and pin basted the quilt.  I'm using a new batting.  It's a really thin poly bat from Hobbs and so far it seems good.  It's not supposed to beard.  We'll see.



Saturday I worked with my friend, Mary, doing the Craftsy Block of the Month.  We both cut out our pieces before getting together so we wouldn't take too long.  We still managed to spend 3-4 hours of work time.

The second block here is backward from the way it's supposed to be but it works.

Today I made some fish chowder for dinner.  My dad was coming over and I will say, it was delicious! It also means I have a "free dinner"-I don't have to cook one night because I have enough for another dinner.

After I made dinner I got a chance to quilt for about an hour.  I was hoping for more but I went to Costco with Joe as he still can not pick up anything more than 20 pounds.

Workout tomorrow morning then I hope to get a few hours of quilting in.  I do have to make my Dijon Chicken and Kale Stew tomorrow for my "Uptroden Stitch Group" get together Tuesday.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: