Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Christmas Crunch is On!

I finished my customer's quilt and she LOVED it!  I'm always so nervous that a customer won't like the quilting even after they tell me to quilt it how I think is best.  I'm so glad not only she, but her quilting "sisters" liked it as well.

I finished the 2 brothers' quilts and their mother went crazy over them!  We did meet at the local quilt shop to pick out the borders and backing and I'm really pleased with how they turned out!


You can't see it from these pictures but we chose a grey and black houndstooth.  Very masculine but did not take away from the tee shirt blocks.

I'm now working on 2 quilts a customer made using blocks that she found in her mother's house.  They were poorly pieced but have sentimental value to her and her family.  She repaired the blocks as best she could and set them on point.  I looked in books to try to figure out how a quilt made at the approximate time these blocks were made would have been quilted.

  At one time, this was turned in the correct direction, but for some reason it's not downloading in the correct orientation.

I saw the sunflower motif and thought it went well in the yellow alternate blocks and the curved lines softened all the straight lines in the original blocks.

 I drew out the design on template plastic approximately 10" x 10" to fill the blocks.


I also drafted the cable for the border-not too fancy because I didn't want to take away from the beauty of the blocks.
Cable Border
One of the antique blocks

This is the border and the setting triangle.


And the final quilts!
Quilt 1

Quilt 2
It's kind of like Thing 1 and Thing 2!  (sorry, my weird sense of humor).

I hope she likes them!

Happy Quilting!


No comments: