Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Quilting Again

This summer was pleasantly busy!  A trip to Cape Cod, a wedding shower and bachelorette party in Chicago and THE WEDDING!  Our eldest got married on September 6 and the day was a dream!  It was absolutely the best! 

My Girls

So I'm finally back to quilting.  I went to the Machine Quilter Expo in Springfield, Illinois.  The best class I took was from Karen McTavish.  If you ever get a chance to take a class from her, JUMP ON IT!

Back to the projects on my work list

First was a Hawaiian style penguin quilt.


I did get to do some McTavishing on the baby to make it look fuzzy!  Wish I could have done more.


My student, Mildred, has finally finished her "Yuletide Snowflake" pattern by Fig Tree Quilts without the snowflakes.  She had seen one that I had done years ago and wanted to do one in purples and greens.  I ordered the thread we chose to quilt it with but it took longer to arrive than expected so I started laying out a tee shirt quilt for a client.

The thread finally arrived and I am busy quilting it like the one I had quilted for myself only I'm doing it on the longarm this time!  It's much easier but it has taken me some time to remember how I drafted the quilting.  It's moving along now but is going to take quite a bit of time.

I really have missed quilting and am glad to be back at it despite the Christmas crush starting.  I really need to clean and reorganize my downstairs studio.  I'm hoping to squeeze in a little of my stuff in between!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: