Sunday, September 9, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!!

I'm hoping the computer gremlins have finished their games!  Here is the completed Disappearing Nine Patch.  Fast & easy!  Back it, Quilt it, Bind it.  That's this week's goal.

Disappearing Nine Patch
 Here's a close-up of some of the quilting I did on the Ohio Star.  The 9 Patch is going to get a simple, all-over pattern!
Close-up of quilting on Ohio Star
 Nest on our UFO Hit Parade is the Lotus Temple I started in Ursula Kern's class at Empty Spools this past March.
Getting close


Closer....



Here all the blocks are complete and waiting to be sewn together.  I'm so pleased with the way it turned out!  Below is the inspiration picture.









Lotus Temple, Dehli, India
I hope to have the edges finished off and I will back it and quilt it lightly with no batting as the foundation will make it heavy enough.  Another project I hope to complete this week!

Now that fall is here and the weather has cooled down, (and the pool has closed), I can spend more time quilting.  This week will be a busy one as I am playing in a fund-raiser tomorrow and Wednesday evening and my normal golf league day on Tuesday morning.  Add to that, my work-outs and I'm a busy girl!  Now that I've gotten my quilting mojo back, I'm looking forward to the creative process.  I also have the added incentive of a new project I want to start before I quilt another UFO!  It's called Hidden Circles and I'm going to make it scrappy to use up more of my scraps!  I'll post pictures as I go along.  The next project I'm going to quilt is my New Zealand quilt from a class I took at Empty Spools with Janet Fogg in 2009.



Until I post again,
Happy Stitching!


No comments: