Saturday, May 12, 2012

Did You Think I Got Lost?

Oh my gosh!  I can't believe how time is flying by!  I've gotten quite a bit done but I really do have to get better about taking pictures of my work.

My biggest distraction was my youngest daughter's college graduation in Boston! I was so proud of her and glad that our eldest was able to join us!  We had such a great time!

 Me, Bryn-the Graduate, Ally and Joe
 The view from our room

I finished piecing Sara's Baby Quilt top. I should have taken pictures of the piecing.  I used the Accuquilt Go to cut the fabrics.  I can't believe how easy the triangles went together.  I'm usually such a purist when it comes to cutting and piecing traditionally(cutting squares, marking the center and sewing 1/4" down each side of the mark).  No dog ears and they lined up perfectly every time!  I do prefer to use starch or MaryEllen's Best Pressed to stabilize the fabric before cutting so the bias doesn't stretch.  It went together so quickly and I love the result!
Baby Quilt
I picked up a backing and forgot to check to see if I had batting.  That may be on tomorrow's agenda!  I'd like to get it quilted this coming week and start getting my other nephew's quilt started.  Between that, work outs, golf and a crown prep I have a busy week coming up!

Happy Mother's Day and as always,

Happy Stitching!

No comments: